Consulting services of this nature must be tailored to specific situations and issues. The list below is intended to describe the general topics as a starting point for discussion. For each commission, we prepare a scope of service which provides you the objectives and measuring points for our work.
· Evaluation of existing medical facility environment to determine the degree to which that environment supports or hinders safe delivery of care.
· Organization of teams for project development and delivery with intent to create designs which promote patient safety and efficient delivery of care.
· Collaboration with professional organizations and agencies to research and develop design standards and concepts which foster patient safety.
· Delivery of presentations and seminars which:
· Describe the character of the patient safety problem and the concepts of system organization, safety, and accident causation and their relationship to the environment.
· Provide a historical overview of hospital design and how it has related to trends and development in medicine.
· Identify environment (facility) related patient safety problems.
· Explain the project delivery process and how patient safety design should be integrated.
· Improve communication between clinicians, designers, managers, and regulators.
· Functional and space programming and master planning.